This is the English version of our Legal Notice. The original version of the text is here in Spanish and will be taken as a reference in case of doubt.
- SYMPOSIUM overview
In compliance with the duty of information contained in article 10 of Law 34/2002, of July 11, on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce, the following information is reflected below: the company that owns the site website is SYMPOSIUM EVENTS SL (hereinafter SYMPOSIUM), CIF-B66313776, with address for these purposes at AVDA ALCALDE BARNILS, NUM. 64, 08190 SANT CUGAT DEL VALLES – (BARCELONA). Registered in the Mercantile Registry of Barcelona, volume 44384, folio 216, page B 454548, Inscription 1. Contact email: email@example.com
- Intellectual and industrial property
SYMPOSIUM is the owner of all the intellectual and industrial property rights of its website, as well as the elements contained therein (by way of example, images, sound, audio, video, software or texts; brands or logos, color combinations , structure and design, selection of materials used, computer programs necessary for its operation, access and use, etc.), owned by SYMPOSIUM or its licensors.
All rights reserved. By virtue of the provisions of articles 8 and 32.1, second paragraph, of the Intellectual Property Law, the reproduction, distribution and public communication, including the method of making them available, of all or part of the contents of this web page, for commercial purposes, in any support and by any technical means, without the authorization of SYMPOSIUM Users undertake to respect the Intellectual and Industrial Property rights owned by SYMPOSIUM You can view the elements of the portal and even print them, copy and store them on your computer’s hard drive or on any other physical medium as long as it is solely and exclusively for your personal and private use. Users must refrain from deleting, altering,circumvent or manipulate any protection device or security system that was installed on the SYMPOSIUM pages.
SYMPOSIUM complies with the guidelines of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and Organic Law 3/2018, of December 5, on the Protection of Personal Data and guarantee of digital rights,and other regulations in force at all times, and ensures the correct use and treatment of the user’s personal data. For this, together with each personal data collection form, in the services that clients may request, they will be informed of the existence and acceptance of the particular conditions of the processing of their data in each case, informing them of the responsibility of the file created, the address of the person in charge, the possibility of exercising their rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition, the purpose of the treatment and the communication of data to third parties where appropriate.
The personal data that SYMPOSIUM collects may be subject to any of the following treatments:
- TR04 – Advertising campaigns (Legal basis: Law 34/1988, of November 11, General Advertising.)
- TR08 – Collect the opinion of the interested parties (Legal basis: Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on data protection and LOPD.)
- TR03 – Selection of own personnel (Legal basis: Royal Legislative Decree 3/2015, of October 23, which approves the revised text of the Employment Law.)
- TG01 – Own accounting and book management, as responsible. (Legal basis: Royal Decree 1514/2007, of November 16, which regulates the General Accounting Plan.)
- TG25 – Data collection for own tax management (Legal basis: Law 58/2003, of December 17, General Tax.)
- TG12 – Own labor management: data collection (Legal basis: Legislative Royal Decree 1/1994, of June 20, approving the Consolidated Text of the General Law of Social Security.)
- TR09 – Security on technical and organizational measures in the applied software (Legal basis: Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on data protection and LOPD.)
- TE08 – Protection of Personal Data (Legal basis: Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and Organic Law 3/2018.)
- TE02 – Prevention of occupational hazards (Legal basis: Law 31/1995, of November 8, on the prevention of Occupational Risks.)
- TE07 – Destruction of documents (Legal basis: Regulation (EU) 2016/679)
- TV01 – Sales / Provision of Services (Legal basis: Commercial and Tax Legislation)
- TE03 – Transport service and / or parcel shipments (Legal basis: Royal Decree of August 22, 1885 by which the Commercial Code is published.)
- TR05 – Emails (Legal basis: Commercial Code and other applicable legislation.)
- TR01 – Requests for information received (Legal basis: Commercial Code and other commercial provisions.)
- TR07 – Management of incidents and / or security violations (Legal basis: Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on data protection and LOPD.)
- TE04 – Management of own legal affairs (Legal basis: applicable commercial and labor legislation.)
- TE01 – Maintenance of computer systems (Legal basis: Commercial Code.)
We may process your personal data exclusively for the purposes indicated below:
- Check that all the necessary technical measures are being carried out for the correct management of personal data with the applied software.
- Sending commercial and / or advertising information by email.
- Management of requests for information received by the interested party about our products or services.
- Exclusive management of internal incidents detected in compliance with the requirements of the RGPD.
- Carry out advertising campaigns to advertise our services and / or products.
- Obtain the opinion of the interested parties.
- Selection of personnel to fill the necessary job vacancies.
Comply with all the requirements set forth in the Occupational Risk Prevention Law.
- Sending of parcels and correspondence.
- Manage any problem of a legal nature that affects the company.
- Manage, maintain and repair computer storage systems.
- Actions to carry out own labor management
- Actions to carry out own fiscal and accounting management
- Comply with the principle of limitation of the period of conservation of personal data
- Compliance with the requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and Organic Law 3/2018.
- Administrative management of private clients
- Carry out the sale or provision of the contracted service
A commercial or user profile may be prepared, based on the information provided or obtained. It is expressly informed that, in no case, will profiles be made with the data of a minor.
The personal data provided by you will be kept for the duration of the contractual relationship or, where appropriate, as long as you do not exercise your right to object or withdraw the consent granted. To do this, you can go to the corresponding section on our website or send an e-mail to the address indicated in the section on the person in charge.
We are entitled to process your personal data for the following reasons:
- Your unequivocal, informed and express consent, in those cases in which it is legally required, without, in any case, the withdrawal of the same condition the execution of other treatments whose legitimacy is different, and without said withdrawal affecting the legality of the treatment prior to its withdrawal.
- A legal obligation of the person responsible for the treatment.
- The execution of the contract for the provision of services and / or the sale of the corresponding products, signed by you.
- The legal basis for the processing of your data is a legitimate interest of the person in charge. Said interest is based on the prior performance of a judgment of proportionality or balance between the legitimate interest of the person in charge and the interests or rights and freedoms of the interested parties. This weighting has implied the evaluation of the interest, the evaluation of the impact of the treatment on the interested parties, the balance between the two previous concepts and the implementation of additional guarantees. The final weight being favorable to the person in charge, the treatment can be carried out in accordance with the applicable regulations on the protection of personal data.
For any questions or clarification, you can contact us through the e-mail provided in the section corresponding to the person responsible for the treatment.
With whom can we share your personal data?
Your personal data will be communicated to the following companies and organizations:
- Tax agency
- Public Service of State Employment
- General Treasury of Social Security
- National Data Protection Agency
- Banks and savings banks
Your personal data will not be transferred to any third country or international organization.
What data do we process and how have we obtained it?
Your personal data will be incorporated into the following files, owned by the organization:
- FG01 Own accounting management
- FG02 Own labor management
- FG15 Own tax management. Data Collect
- FE01 Computer maintenance
- FE02 Prevention of occupational hazards
- FE03 Transport and shipping
- FE04 Own legal affairs
- FR01 Information requests received
- FR03 Selection of own personnel
- FR04 Advertising campaigns
- FR05 Emails
- FR07 Management of incidents and / or security violations
- FR08 Obtain stakeholder opinion
- FR09 Security in software and hardware
- FE07 Destruction of documents
- FE08 Protection of Personal Data
- FP01 Customers
The personal data that we process in our organization comes from the following sources:
- The interested party
What rights can you exercise?
We guarantee the exercise of the rights that assist you in relation to the processing of your personal data. In particular, we inform you that you have the right to:
- Obtain confirmation on whether your data is being processed.
- Exercise the right of access to the personal data that we have, obtaining information about the purposes of the treatment, the category of data processed, the possible recipients, the period of conservation, the origin of the data and, where appropriate, the elaboration profiling or automated decision making.
- Exercise the right of rectification. For these purposes, we remind you that the personal data that we have must always be a true reflection of reality, so that you do not hesitate to make use of your right in case any data is modified, changed or canceled. You guarantee that the personal data that you have provided us by any means are true and accurate, and you agree to notify any change or modification of the same, being your sole responsibility for any loss or damage caused to the person in charge or to any third party due to a communication of erroneous, inaccurate or incomplete information.
reasons related to your particular situation, you may object to the
processing of your data, in which case our organization will stop
processing the data, unless there are legitimate reasons that prevent
· Request the deletion of your personal data when, among other reasons, they are no longer necessary for the purposes described above or we no longer have the legitimacy to process them.
the portability of your data, when the treatment is carried out by
automated means and provided that it is linked to our entity based on a
signed contract or has given consent for the treatment carried out. In these cases, you will have the right to receive your personal data in a structured,
commonly used and machine-readable format , or to have it transmitted directly to another person in charge, when technically possible.
- In certain circumstances, you may request the limitation of the processing of your data, in which case we will only keep it for the exercise or defense of claims.
- Oppose automated decision making, including profiling.
These rights may be exercised free of charge, except in the cases provided by law, by means of a written request signed by you or, where appropriate, by the person representing you, addressed to the person in charge, at the addresses provided for this purpose in the first section, or physically in any of our establishments.
- You also have the right to file claims, either with the Spanish Data Protection Agency (on the website https://www.agpd.es/) or with the corresponding control authority.
- Likewise, you may go to the Courts of Justice to claim compensation.
- Finally, you have the right to withdraw your consent, with the same ease with which you gave it. To do this, you can go to our website, where you will find the necessary information to quickly and easily cancel the authorization that we have been granted to carry out these communications. You can also send an email to the address indicated in the section on the person in charge.
also inform you that in each treatment of your personal data, the
possible threats and impacts that may occur as a result of them are
determined, mitigating or eliminating, if possible, the potential
damages, through the application of the corresponding security measures
periodically they are reviewed to determine their effectiveness.
Our control system also allows us to comply with the principles of the treatment of your data, being able to prove to the interested party, the principle of limitation to the purpose of the treatment, the principle of limitation to the conservation period, the principle of data minimization, as well as the principle of integrity and confidentiality.
Finally, we also inform you that you will periodically receive surveys that will allow us to know your opinion on any suggestion regarding the processing of your personal data, as well as to be able to comply with the principle of transparency and accuracy of the data processed.
For any questions or clarification, you can contact us through the e-mail provided in the first section .
Also, SYMPOSIUM. informs that it complies with Law 34/2002 of July 11, on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce and will request your consent to the processing of your email for commercial purposes at all times.
- Disclaimer of Liability
SYMPOSIUM is not responsible, in any case, for damages of any nature that may cause, by way of example: errors or omissions in the content, lack of availability of the portal or the transmission of viruses or malicious or harmful programs in the content, despite having adopted all the necessary technological measures to avoid it.
SYMPOSIUM is not responsible for the possible inappropriate use that third parties make of this website, nor for the information that they transmit to third parties through it. The contents provided through this website are merely informative, so the use that the user may make of them and the possible consequences, damages or losses that may arise, are the sole responsibility of the user. SYMPOSIUM reserves the right to exercise the legal actions it deems appropriate derived from any illegal use by third parties of the contents of its website.
Users must not provide SYMPOSIUM with personal data that refers to ideology, union affiliation, religion, beliefs, racial origin, health or sexual life, as well as data collected for police purposes without the consent of the affected persons, nor data derived from acts of gender violence.
Nor should SYMPOSIUM be provided with personal data related to the commission of criminal or administrative offenses, nor data for which the tax administrations, financial entities, Management Entities, Common Services of Social Security or mutual insurance companies for accidents at work and occupational diseases. Finally, data relating to the personality or behavior of citizens should not be provided to SYMPOSIUM either.
SYMPOSIUM will not request users or manage the data listed in the previous two paragraphs, whether they are its own or those of third parties, as they are not necessary to carry out its functions and because it does not use provisions for the security levels that this type of data requires.
SYMPOSIUM may make, at any time and without the need for prior notice, modifications and updates to the information contained on its website, or in its configuration or presentation. SYMPOSIUM makes every effort to ensure that the information provided through its website is clear, understandable and adequate, as well as to avoid errors as far as possible and, where appropriate, repair or update them. However, SYMPOSIUM cannot guarantee the absence of errors or that the content of the information is permanently updated.
Likewise, SYMPOSIUM reserves the right to make the modifications it deems appropriate in its portal without prior notice, being able to change, delete or add both the content and services provided through it and the way in which they are presented or located on your portal.
- Links (edit)
In the event that this website contains links or hyperlinks to other Internet sites, SYMPOSIUM will not exercise any type of control over said sites and content. In no case will SYMPOSIUM assume any responsibility for the contents of any link belonging to a third party website, nor will it guarantee the technical availability, quality, reliability, accuracy, breadth, veracity, validity and constitutionality of any material or information contained in any of said hyperlinks. or other Internet sites.
Likewise, the inclusion of these external connections will not imply any type of association, merger or participation with the connected entities.
These Payment and Return Policies regulate the use of the Symposium.uoc.edu (hereinafter “the website”) of which Symposium Events (hereinafter Symposium ) is the owner of the collection management. Symposium is a SL company with registered office at Avda. Alcalde Barnils, 64 , with CIF B66313776 , The use by the client of the services of the website presupposes, in any case, adherence to the Payment and Return Policies in the version published by Symposium at the time of the purchase order. Therefore, it is advisable for the customer to read these Payment and Return Policies before proceeding to make a purchase.
PAYMENT AND RETURN POLICIES
These Payment and Return Policies regulate the use of the Symposium.uoc.edu (hereinafter “the website”) of which Symposium Events (hereinafter Symposium) is the owner of the collection management. Symposium is a SL company with registered office at Avda. Alcalde Barnils, 64, with CIF B66313776, The use by the client of the services of the website presupposes, in any case, adherence to the Payment and Return Policies in the version published by Symposium at the time of the purchase order. Therefore, it is advisable for the customer to read these Payment and Return Policies before proceeding to make a purchase.
- Scope of the contract
These Payment and Return Policies apply to the sale of all Symposium articles through its website and informs that its website is exclusively aimed at an audience over 18 years of age. Reserving the right to cancel a user’s access account if fraudulent, speculative or bad faith acts are detected in the use of this service.
The price and taxes that apply will be indicated and broken down in each of the events.
Payment will be made at the end of the purchase process and will be an essential condition for its formalization. Accepted means of payment: transfer and bank card. In any case, the choice of the means of payment is made during the purchase process on the corresponding screen. The client must notify Symposium of any undue or fraudulent charge on the card used for purchases, by email or by telephone, in the shortest possible time so that Symposium can carry out the appropriate procedures. Suppliers or issuers of means of payment may adopt anti-fraud measures that lead to the rejection of certain types of operations. Symposium% is not responsible for the application of this type of security policies.
- Changes, returns and withdrawal
are different procedures for making changes, returns and withdrawals,
and below we will describe the characteristics of each of them, as well
as their conditions.
Change: substitution for the same product with other coincidences is considered change.
Return: originated due to a tare, defect or wrong product.
Withdrawal: originated by the client’s decision.
No changes, returns or withdrawals are administered.
All products that are going to be exchanged or returned
Guarantees of the products purchased
The contractual guarantee offered is the one established in Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007, of November 16, which approves the revised text of the General Law for the Defense of Clients and Users. Symposium will respond to the lack of conformity that is manifested.
- Customer Support
For any questions, suggestions, queries or complaints about the online store, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org, by any of the following means:
Telephone: 902883055 (Spain only)
Email: email@example.com We
also have Claim Sheets available to consumers and users. You can request them by going to firstname.lastname@example.org by the means indicated above.
The email@example.com will provide you with an identification code and a written proof of the presentation of the claim. Symposium will respond to your request as soon as possible and, in any case, within one month.
- Applicable law and jurisdiction
These Payment and Return Policies are subject to Spanish law.